Saturday, July 12, 2003

Hello! I am back! Well, not really. I am in England as you read this, if you read this on the listed date or within 2 weeks of it. I am having tons of fun over here in a small town called Clare, where my grandparents live. Today was an interesting day. We went to a craft fair, almost like the autumn leaves festival, except the people weren't rednecks, they all had british accents, and it was held in the courtyard of an old church. While we were there, Jill, Charlotte and I got tired so we decided to sit on what we thought were nice wooden benches. Then a man came up and said: "These are coffee tables, not benches". We were slightly embarassed and decided to leave the fair. We went to a bridge and played pooh sticks. This is a game that Pooh Bear played with his hundred acre wood friends. You stand on one side of a bridge and drop a stick in the water. (you drop it so the current will take it under the bridge) Then you look on the other side of the bridge and see whose stick comes out first. It is really fun, you should try it sometime! I will warn you that it does not work with leaves, they take forever to fall, and sometimes they just stay in one place. After that, we went to a music festival. It was an experience to say the least. My sisters and I sat under a large tent on a blanket and played scrabble while we listened to the music. There were these teenagers in the tent who looked at us and laughed. I don't really pay attention to people who dress punky like they did. That seems to be the fashion these days in England. I really don't like it. I guess because they all have to wear uniforms to school, they decide to rebel when they get the chance. I'll stick to Old Navy, Gap, and Target. Wow. I haven't posted in a long while. It feels really good! I'll be back again on Tuesday or Wednesday! (I'm going to London for the Weekend)

No comments: