Friday, July 18, 2003

Golf is a funny game. I've been thinking about it all day, since I have been watching the British Open. I wonder who thought of it? Seriously. You hit a ball with a stick in an attempt to make the ball go a really long way. Then you move it around a bit trying to hit it into this tiny hole. The hole is really infinitesimal compared to the size of the other stuff around the hole. I wonder what it was like back in the old days when people were making up all of this stuff. Did they think that it would someday become a huge spectacle? It seems that nowadays everything that can be invented has been invented. But maybe it's always seemed that way, until someone invented something and it was really great. Maybe someone is inventing something right now that people won't be able to live without in 50 years. I guess I just don't have the mind of an inventor. Going back to sports, if you think about it, all sports are kind of weird. Well, not track or swimming, because people just do that kind of naturally to get from point A to point B. But something like basketball must have seemed so random to people "out of the loop".

Woah... I just lost my train of thought. That's probably because of this weird ticking sound in the office right now. It's really annoying. Sorry about that folks. Or maybe just folk. I'm not exactly sure. Anyways- tata!

No comments: