Monday, May 23, 2005

i don't know where i've been but i know where i want to go

I'm sure there are better ways I could be spending my summer evenings, but right now I'm filling them with boredom and aimless internet browsing and watching the Bright Eyes video for" First Day of My Life" with tears in my eyes because it makes me so happy and depressed all at the same time. I passed the window of opportunity for hanging out with my friends a couple of times and I guess I could've called them myself but I lost the motivation and decided to make it a night in by myself. Me, myself, and my trusty computer. All I need on a good, bored night. You know what I do to take up the boredom time? I write my valedictorian speech. I make additions and practice it and get depressed that it probably won't be any good and nobody will like it and then I don't care and then I read it to Kate or somebody and then I feel better. I've done it like twice. As long as I don't go down in history as the worst valedictorian ever, I think I'll be just fine. As long as my class doesn't blame me for ruining graduation, I'll be fine. At this particular moment in time, I'm happy to be graduating. The glory of high school is fading quickly and the benefits of being at Cheerio and all that stuff are quickly gaining favor in my brain. I'm just in a depressed mood I guess. I get in those sometimes. Like, I'm too tired to attempt going up to my bed and falling asleep, and I'm sure nothing good is on TV so I'd rather just sit down here and type stuff. And listen to music. Like Bright Eyes. And Damien Rice. Talk about mellow and depressing- you oughtta try "Blower's Daughter." Holy cow. Hmm. I think I'll go listen to some of that sad music now. Adios, amigos.

1 comment:

Sarah Gitt said...

I heart Damien Rice. Volcano is good too.

Conor Oberst is so dreamy, too. :)