Tuesday, May 17, 2005

are you sirius?

Today is the kind of day on which even the wind blowing in my windows on my face annoys me. After coming to the realization that my high school days truly are coming to an end, and after realizing that I have to keep working on that silly speech for which I lost motivation already, and after lamenting on the fact that yearbook signings are great but then get old after reading them a billion times trying to recapture old feelings, and after staring at a dead pig for an hour and a half, I just got a little depressed. It is as if there was some sort of drug in the food at Shikora Express. I definitely feel drugged. All that condensed air must have had some effect on my health because I also feel kinda cruddy. Yearbooks make me sad because I realize how many good friends I have. One wouldn't normally associate this realization with being sad, but for some unrationalizable reason, I was sad. I also get sad when I think about leaving these friendships behind. MAHS will go on without me. I just need to remember that there is a natural uncertainty when in a transition phase. We are uncertain of what lies ahead, so we cling to what is familiar and what makes us happy right now. I certainly am, at least. One familiar thing that will make the transition much easier is that lovely place we like to call Cheerio. Seriously, how much am I looking forward to this summer? A ridiculous amount. So, yeah. I need a nap but I think I'll just go to bed early or something.

1 comment:

Brad said...

to me, summer = early Dashboard Confessional stuff. It has for two or three years now.