Monday, April 24, 2017

Weekends r fun

What a good weekend!!!

First of all, we had to look at *6* houses to buy this weekend. This whole house-buying business has been FRUSTRATING to say the least. We are looking at the same houses as all these Duke bozos (sorry if you are a Duke bozo - I love you but stop trying to buy the same house in the same price range as me seriously) and we KEEP GETTING OUTBID. Honestly. Can a girl get a break.

So anyway, we had to go look at 6 houses, probably to desensitize us to our most recent loss (a beautiful house in Northgate Park with a YARD for days and just so much potential, and way in our price range)... and we found one we REALLY LIKE. I will not jinx it here, but let's just say it could be a good thing.........

Then I got to teach a group of kids for a district AP review, and everyone was tricked into thinking they were learning more b/c they were hearing it from my voice instead of their teacher's, so I felt so successful!

My friend hangs were on point this weekend as well. On Saturday Maura came over and we shared some *vInHo vErDe* and she & Byron & I talked about life lately. We talked about being 30, what it will be like to be adults/parents, what it's like being in what I like to call "3rd wave Durham" (since a lot of people have moved out in waves, and we have survived through them all). Just lots of fun. Another fun people hang was with Katrina on Sunday... she was the lone book-club attendee, and we sat around and talked about the book/life by candlelight (thanks Duke Power... it's not like I needed lights from 2pm to 10pm anyway). People feed my soul and I reeeeeeealy like the people in my life!!!

I also got to sing at church today, and I'll probably save my love for singing at church for another post because it really gives me life. Probably I should do a weekly "this gives me life" type of post. Into it.

Alright! I'm writing this while my kids are self-directed doing vocabulary practice! I love that I've set up a Monday routine that allows for 45 minutes of me not having to do anything in front of them! That's an experienced teacher trick right there, and I'm here for it.

xoxo

No comments: