Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Today at YLS (Youth Leadership Surry) I learned about 4 important things.

1) I really do not want to go into the medical field because everybody seems to be pressuring me to do so.
2) I really don't know my way around Surry County
3) I live ridiculously close to Camp Cheerio
4) People saying "n kay" all the time is hecka annoying

I went up to Elkin, where I passed by the Theater and Theo's where I spent some good times this summer. It was such a clashing of two worlds. My school world and my utopic Camp world. I wish I lived far away. Camp is for the summer, to be savored. When you see it again, it doesn't feel right. Also, it makes me sad that I can't be a counselor this summer. Hopefully I will be able to come the summer after this one, but you never know. Sad.

The entire day was, shall we say, BORING. One lady talked for about 2 hours about how there is a nursing shortage in the US. I don't care about that kind of stuff. I want to be a marine biologist and be in the peace corps and live in Ecuador and study the life on the Galapagos. I don't want to prick people with needles and have to deal with complaining people all day. So I decided to be productive and make something with our paper handouts. I ended up with a box full of folded up "envelopes" that looked hecka tight. The girl who said "n kay" all the time also couldn't spell and had an unfortunate sense of humor. She couldn't spell because her box was labled "food modles". Ummm... modLEs? how bout modELs. I mean, obviously you had to go to school... maybe you should've learned to spell while you were at it. I say she had an unfortunate sense of humor because she said things that she thought were supposed to be funny, and we only laughed out of sympathy. Well, at least I did. But I do respect her because aparently she went from being muy gordo to being quite petite. Kudos.

So that was my day in a nutshell. Ahh... get me out of this nutshell. Right... see ya on the flip side folks...

No comments: