Saturday, November 08, 2003

I used to think that I liked all kinds of music. I guess I was wrong. I was listening to the radio today and it dawned on me. I don't really like "pop"-ish music. I like less catchy things. Or maybe I like catchy things just not so... fake... I guess. I don't quite know. But I do know that I like: Relient K, Simon and Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Fountains of Wayne, and some other random songs. Paul Simon makes me so happy. Even though his songs aren't all happy, they are all just so good. I guess that's what you get from a greatest hits album. That was the most solid investment I've made in a long while. I just can't explain how much I love Paul Simon. Relient K, too. They are awesome. Even though a lot of their songs sound the same, I still like it. APMT (a part mint)(AP music theory) has made me appreciate good chord progressions. I am playing a song in piano... it's a Chopin Prelude... boy, talk about some melancholy chord progressions. It almost brings tears to my eyes it is so mournful. Its funny... because I liked chord progressions before APMT, but they just have a whole new meaning after studying them for a while. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love music because it brings out so many emotions. What can I say... I'm a music geek! yay!!!

No comments: