Monday, May 01, 2017

Refverie - Teacher Identity

Thinking about how much *me* is wrapped up in my teaching. I worked hard to get it that way! Teaching is such a highly personal job because nobody else can be -you- with the kids & the content & etc. I feel like I thrive because my content is Me and my interactions with students are Me & have been since my camp counselor days. I'm just realizing it this semester bc I'm teaching Physical Science which is Not Me!!! (Every physics/chem class I took in college resulted in me crying to my professors!!!!!) I am completely derailed! Feeling so blech all day e'ry day except 1st period Earth Science, my Shining Star. So I'm realizing how much teaching would suck if I couldn't be me... so I guess the silver lining is that this terrible semester has reminded me how much I feel in touch with my teaching self otherwise. Success? I guess. Mostly I just feel as frumpy as I look in this Riverside bathroom mirror selfie with my hair being (poorly) held up by a pencil (not as glamorous as it was made out to be in Pop Culture, tbh).



No comments: