Sunday, October 16, 2005

i love fall!!!

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. All random bad thoughts and insecurities and lonliness flew out of my head and I was able to just exist in this beautiful world that God intended for us to enjoy. My mind had been so cluttered and negative and hormonally depressed, but going to bed early and falling asleep to Mulan was the beginning of the remedy. I was able to wake up on my own before my alarm (one of life's simple joys), take a shower and take my time getting ready while listening to Nichole Nordeman. It made me feel happy, and I forgot the depressing thoughts. Then I went to church, my mood brightened even more by the lovely weather. The church service was good, too. I love the Summit. I want to try other places, too, but I'm liking the Summit so far. It's a good mix of contemporary and traditional, and the preacher is really good. And a lot of people from Carolina go, whom I've seen at Crusade and Young Life and just around campus. Anyway, the service brought my focus back to where it should've been before. It sounds a bit weird, but it's true. After church and lunch with Liley and Erika, I went and did my homework out on the E-haus lawn. It was so beautiful, though, that all I wanted to do was sleep. So I took a mini nap. And was just happy. So now I'm in the midst of procrastinating my homework, but I don't feel so overwhelmed with work. My room is clean and I've been listening to good music all day (which puts me in the greatest of moods), and Grey's Anatomy is on tonight. Good TV shows make my day. So, basically, this weekend was like a mini rollercoaster, with a good end. I got to see Paige and I got to see Elizabethtown (which was quite good) and I got to relax on Sunday, and I get to go home for a much needed Fall Break on Wednesday! Ok, enough procrastination. Time to get down to business.

p.s.-- while at Late Night with Roy on Friday, I realized how much school spirit I actually have. It's almost ridiculous-- I was really sad that I wasn't here last year. I miss Jawad and Sean and Rashad. (i don't remember the other guys, haha) And even though we might be bad this year, I'm still looking forward to going to the games and cheering for UNC. Oh, and Tyler Hansbrough is my favorite player. (Casey's too, we like the tall, basketball-playing type, hehe)

No comments: