Sunday, January 11, 2004

I was thinking about the phrase "cat and mouse game" the other day, because my cat was chasing a mouse around our basement. You're probably thinking why does she have mice in her basement?... so I'll explain. We are getting our kitchen remodeled, so we had to move all of our food to the basement where there is this little kitchen area, so we would have a place to eat. Food naturally attracts mice. Anyway. So while watching 24 on Fox on Tuesday, a mouse scampered past me and my cat, Pooky, was not far behind. He would kind of hit the mouse around a little, then the mouse would roll over and play dead, and then Pooky would look away and the mouse would roll back over and start to run away. Then Pooky would once again hit it around a little bit, and so it went. I understand the "cat and mouse game" better now because it makes a lot of sense. Sometimes you don' t know where people come up with those phrases, but this one is legitimate. Oh yeah, Pooky chased the mouse into a camera bag and we released it into the wild. Not the camera bag, but the mouse.

No comments: