Saturday, September 15, 2018

Refverie - New Office

 This is my new parking-lot-at-work view!! (From Tuesday, the last day I was there before Florence) ... now that I’ve started school, I have so many thoughts and remembered I have this blogstagram so ima try to get back to it... • • • I’m having to figure out new routines as I get used to my new work & school situation, and I’m noticing space where there wasn’t space in my previous routine, and new limitations in other parts. One area of new space is my literal brain. The summer always clears lots of things out, but I’m used to my brain being quickly filled up again with all the new relationships in the classroom and around school. I am definitely meeting & interacting with lots of cool people, but I am no longer responsible for their emotional well-being at any given moment. This has been such an interesting feeling to settle into. It’s lighter, a bit lonelier, and making space for me to actually remember things and process my thoughts in a productive way. It’s nice. On the other side, I’m still finding my voice and feeling weird boundaries and limitations in how I express myself and how I’m perceived. Many people don’t know me, and I don’t really know myself in this context yet, so it’ll take some getting used to before my voice feels fully like its own again. Overall, though, I’m loving discovering these new areas and seeing new parts of myself!




No comments: