Saturday, July 28, 2018

Refverie - Alice Munro

 “Real everyday life *is* crazy like that! Alice Munro you’re so right” - Byron when I was trying to articulate why I liked her writing. He gave me this book in I’m pretty sure 2015?? and it’s taken me til just now to read it because I get super weird about book recommendations from people, especially if I care about that person’s opinion of me and double especially if I’ve never heard of the author. I just know Byron is smarter than me/likes different books than me and was worried I would not like it and then disappoint him. HOWEVER! I did like it a lot and I waited so long he was just delighted I’d read it. Munro writes characters you feel like you know, and makes searing emotional insights just in the flow of a very dry and seemingly straightforward story. (Dry like how ppl are sarcastic, not dry like boring.) This was a great set of stories!!




No comments: