Monday, January 15, 2018

Refverie - Cooking Growth

 I think I like cooking now??? This fall/winter I’ve been cooking more meals and I think I’m starting to get the hang of it. Probably it is a result of my extra time from not coaching swimming, coupled with a light grading load this semester. The part of cooking that was the most stressful was the planning and grocery shopping. I’ve conquered this by choosing a default grocery store - Food Lion off 55/I40 - that has a good selection of produce and whose aisles I have learned pretty well. I have also utilized some cookbooks I’ve had for ages to search for easy and hopefully healthy meals that are within my skill set. Now I find that I don’t mind coming home to cook, and I enjoy what we eat! Slowly I am learning some instincts, but I still definitely need a recipe. (I’m a true baker at heart.) It only took me 30 years to get here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯




No comments: