Saturday, June 24, 2017

Refverie - Busy

 Whew... I honestly don't know how I survived June. Grading in Ohio, the end of the school year, packing up my house, painting a new one, hiring movers for the first time (and realizing I am very ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about how to pack boxes), going to a 3-day PD conference, packing for Iceland, and now getting ready to board that plane and VACAY! Seriously. Omg. • • • When I was furiously getting a bunch of shit in the backyard ready for the dump, I realized I'd unearthed this robin's nest when it was too late. I was sad but it was also so cute I didn't know how to feel. Once things slow down maybe I'll be able to tap into my actual feelings again... that's something that I have a bad habit of doing- shutting down my emotions when I get busy. I barely even am letting myself feel the immense joy I cerebrally feel for this amazing time in my life, because I'm worried I won't be able to hold it together to get shit done. I'm working on that, though, bc feelings can be an all the time thing, you know?



No comments: