Tuesday, September 05, 2006

the saga of the black spot

Ok. So I have this thing on my right arm, located in the skin near the elbow on the anterior side. I don't know what it is, exactly, so i just call it a black dot. I've had it for years and years. Just recently, people have convinced me to fiddle with it and try and see if I can scratch it out, but I just can't and now it looks different. I decided to go to the doctor to see what it actually is. He didn't know. What he did know whas that "Due to the size and color, it needs to come out." Yay! They will send it off to figure out what it is, exactly, after a small biopsy. "Biopsy?" you say? Yes, Biopsy. Under some sort of anesthesia, they will do a "puncy biopsy" where they punch a razor into my skin and dig out the black dot. Sounds... delightful? Maybe not.

I've grown to love this black dot. It is quite the conversation starter. "What is that black spot on your arm, did you get stabbed by a pencil?" It works in all situations. Also, I just love it. It's like a little mystery on my body. Too bad it's the kind of mystery that is a potential health threat. I am excited, however, to finally figure out what it is. I kinda hope it's bad so that I'll feel better about having had it taken out.

So, anyway, I'll keep you updated once the results come back as to what exactly this thingy really is.

No comments: