Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring Fever

Today I really felt like myself, and I'm not sure why, or if that even makes sense since technically I am myself every day, but I liked it!! I got a little sassy with my students, and by that I mean that I am getting more assertive as the days go on and it's a good thing. Part of my wonderful day had to be the weather, while the other part of it was that I got to chill in my favs outfit. I wore chacos, carhartts, and a light thermal shirt, set off by my default earrings, a headband, and a low bun. If that's not a typical spring Emma outfit, then I don't know what is. I also did laundry at the laundromat while jamming out to some new songs, squeezing in some grading during the wait times. So productive and college of me! By the time I got to community group, I was so hopped up on caffeine and spring that I couldn't contain myself! I can't get over this weather. I just wish every day could be like today. I'm drinking it in and it's only February. I surely hope I won't retreat back into my winter hole once it gets cold again, because I simply cannot deal with that!
Because I have spring fever and I love my outfit so much, I will leave you with a picture of daffodils and some poetry from e.e. cummings. Nothing says spring like poems and DAFFODILS!!!



in Just-
spring      when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles       far       and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful
the queer
old balloonman whistles
far          and         wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and
       the

             goat-footed

balloonMan         whistles
far
and

wee 

No comments: