Thursday, February 16, 2006

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... a beautiful day for a neighbor, would you be mine?

So. This is the first Thursday night in a long time that I've felt like I can at least breathe a little bit. Last week was my terrible week, and this week was nice and chill to offset it. I am still recovering, though. My skin has finally stopped freaking out, and I'm starting to catch up on sleep. My roommate was worried about me when I took a really long nap on Monday. I mean it was really long. I keep meaning to take naps, but it's hard to fit them into my schedule. My next hell week will be immediately followed by a trip to the virgin islands, which is definitely worth the pain. That is something I'm really looking forward to.

In other news, today was the reason why I hate winter. 72 degrees? Are you serious?!?!?? Everyone emerged from their cocoons and basked in the gloriousness that is this warm front. Winter is cold and it sucks and everyone stays inside and wears sweatpants and is antisocial. In the spring, however, one can sit outside and read and not be cooped up in a dorm room because it is cold and rainy and windy and stupid outside. I cannot wait for spring/summer. I like to read on the quad. I like to throw a frisbee around. I like to wear shorts and t-shirts and birkenstocks and chacos. It just makes me happy. I am more social when it is warm outside. Chalk it up to seasonal affected depression, or to the fact that I don't tolerate cold very well... but I just absolutely cannot wait. That is why I was sooooo mad at Punxsutawney Phil when he saw his shadow. That kid just needs to get a clue and realize that the world doesn't revolve around him and to just pretend he didn't see his shadow so we can have not six more weeks of winter. Well, too bad this warm front only lasted 2 days. It's going to snow on Saturday. Poop.

I'm excited because I get to go home this weekend and see my family and sleep in my bed and see Ash, whom I haven't seen in FOREVER it feels like, and just chill out. It's going to be superbly awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ems,
Just thought I'd mention that Aimee got married today. Yep, I mean the Aimee with the banana phone. Crazy how fast we little kids grow up, isn't it?
Love always, Kath